Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Weekend

I haven't done any cooking since Thursday night. Friday was leftovers and I went to my parents' house yesterday where I ate hot dogs and cole slaw for dinner. All processed foods, but it was better than going to McDonalds, in my opinion. Next time I'll just have to plan to be better prepared.

Next Sunday is my niece's baptism and we're dining out afterwards, so that will have to be my meal for the month. The following Sunday is my grandfather's 91st birthday, so I am hoping we're eating a meal at my grandparents' and not going out, otherwise I will have to skip the first part of it.

Tonight I'm making broccoli beef stir-fry. This is a Weight Watchers recipe. I'm pretty excited about it. I bought some egg noodles to cook and throw together with it.

My goal this week is to rein it back in. While I have been staying away from fast food, my portions are not under control like they should be and I'm consuming more "points plus" than I should be. Thus, I'm not really seeing any weight loss. I'm going to track each day and plan ahead the day before. Additionally, I'm going to try very hard to start transitioning back to vegetarian as much as possible and cut out meat for now. I'd very much like to move back to completely vegan as it just felt healthier and better for the universe in general.

I've also decided I'm going to create a 2011 personal cookbook with all the recipes I've used along with my own notes about each item. What I would change, improve upon, etc. I think that will be a fun little project. Because anyone who knows me knows I don't already have enough projects going on. :)

Meanwhile...for your viewing pleasure, some food photographs from this week! (I have yet to master food photography)



Baked Falafel from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Appetite For Reduction



Chicken Salad Sandwich Wrap that I threw together



Cooking the Innards for Biscuit Topped Chicken Potpie



Biscuit-Topped Chicken Potpie in the Pan




...and served up!

1 comment: