Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Falafel, Beef Stew, and a Chicken Salad

So this updating daily thing is clearly not working out for me so far. In any event, the past three days have seen baked falafel, beef stew and a chicken salad wrap. All from scratch!

The baked falafel was taken from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Appetite For Reduction. I served it up on a whole wheat wrap with some romaine and cherry tomatoes and a little bit of sesame tahini. All in all not too bad, though a little dry.

The beef stew is a Paula Deen recipe which can be found here. I overcooked it so all the water pretty much evaporated and I had to add more which watered down the flavour a bit as well, but it was still pretty good.

And tonight, I made chicken salad wraps. I had a hankerin' for chicken salad, so threw together a salad and threw it in a wrap with some of my leftover romaine and cherry tomatoes. I boiled some boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets and chilled them for a bit before shredding them into a bowl filled with sweet yellow onion, scallions, celery, bell pepper, parsley, fresh taragon and a simple dressing which I made with about a cup of light Miracle Whip, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, some salt, pepper, and a dash of Italian seasoning. It was quite tasty, but next time I'd cut back on the miracle whip and maybe reduce it to 3/4 cup, as it was just too "moist".

I also took some photos for you all, but I am very lazy with uploading digital photos, so those will have to wait til tomorrow. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment