Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day One-Two

This is Day One-Two, because January 1 was a day of celebration and biding adieu to my old ways. And to be honest, today, I'm really not feeling this whole cooking and not gobbling up fast food lifestyle I'm encroaching upon. However, I'm just gonna suck it up and do it, but I am going to tell you that I'm about to eat the remainder of the store-bought hummus I acquired on Friday as "lunch".

I had a bagel this morning and consider that part of the "toast" category. See how I'm already bending the rules to my will? In any event, I have decided on homemade baked falafel a la Isa Chandra Moskowitz for dinner tonight and I will take my lovely leftovers for lunch tomorrow and will eat them alone and in silence while my co-workers head out to the restaurants for lunch.

I wanted to do a brief check-in today as I'm not sure I'll have another chance to post before the day has ended. So, this is my game plan and I'll let you all know how the falafel turns out tomorrow and hopefully, if I remember, I will also have a lovely photograph of said falafel to share as well! I've made baked falafel before, but not using this particular recipe from Isa Chandra's Appetite For Reduction. I'm super excited about this book, btw.

Meanwhile, please send vibes of strength and willpower to me for tomorrow so that I am not at all tempted to jump ship and dine out with my colleagues. :D

1 comment:

  1. Ahem *mind control voodoo hand motions* You will not be tempted to dine out with your colleagues. You wil eat the falafel. Think about how lucky you are to have the falfel. There are some of us deprived individuals who only dream about being lucky enough to eat falafel TWO days in a row!!!

    ReplyDelete